Friday 4 April 2014

The Rest Of The World Has Gone Home




I have had the above song running through my head this week and on today's run. It is about some bloke who gets abandoned in a club by his girlfriend when she supposedly goes to the cash machine.

I once abandoned my boyfriend but not in a club. It was when I was living and working in Plymouth. He used to come down for the weekend and I was out on an after work do so he met us down the pub. Some of us were going for a curry whilst others were going to go on to another pub and we would meet up later on. I was hungry so I went for the curry but the boyfriend wasn't so he went to the pub with some of my work colleagues. I knew he would be ok he was fairly easy going.

After the meal I was feeling tired and I didn't fancy going to the pub I had been drinking all afternoon I had drunk enough so I decided to go straight home, did not pass go and did not collect £200. 

I abandoned my boyfriend and left him with a group of people he didn't really know. He eventually came home drunk and asked 'What happened to you?'. I got told off by a girl I worked with and told it was a really mean thing to do so looking back now I am sorry I did that and would hate it if someone treated me that way - you deserved better.

It has been difficult motivating myself to go out for a run this week. I have had some important stuff to think about and I am trying to see if I can get early retirement on ill health grounds so I can draw down some of the money in my pension funds. 

There has been a bit of a debate on the Macmillan forums regarding 'special rules' and Personal Independence Plans, which are the replacement for Disability Living Allowance. Under special rules if you have an incurable and progressive illness you can be fast tracked through the application process. You do not need to wait for 3 months and you do not need an assessment interview but you do need a medical form called the DS1500.

The issue with special rules is that you need to be considered terminal and the DWP definition of terminal is a life expectancy of 6 months or less. Of course it can be very difficult to predict this and the consultant or the GP filling out the form doesn't actually have to state this. Many people have been awarded benefits under special rules and have gone on to live longer than 6 months. Generally cases are reassessed after 3 yrs to see if the prognosis has improved.

Some consultants follow the guidance to the letter with regards to terminal cases whilst some take the view that if their patient has an incurable and progressive illness like advanced cancer then they are going to need all the financial support they can get and are much more flexible. I am not sure if my consultant would feel entirely comfortable.

Anyway back to todays run as I said earlier I have been finding it difficult to get out for some training I have been feeling very tired all the time recently. I am not sure if it is the depression or something more sinister but I will be due another scan soon and my CA-125 is still going down even if it was only by 4 this time.

Today's walk/run felt hard my ankles were sore to start with and I was finding I was getting a bit more breathless. My average heat rate was 153 bpm which is zone 2 so should have been fairly easy. I stopped off at the bank to drop something off and then carried on with my training run. I covered 2.34 miles in 42 mins:











JustGiving - Sponsor me now!

No comments:

Post a Comment