Sunday 23 March 2014

Not Nineteen Forever

From the title of this post some of your may be able to work that I am a big fan of The Courteeners. The Courteeners are a Manchester band from Middleton and formed in 2006. I can't quite remember how I discovered them but I remember going to see them in Preston @ 53 Degrees in 2008. Their tracks are always on my playlist when I am running and 'Not Nineteen Forever' is perhaps one of their better known songs entering the charts at number 19 on 31 March 2008 from their début album St Jude:




I was looking forward to today's run and went out in the sunshine this afternoon. I headed over to my local park, which is currently being regenerated due to a successful lottery bid. The regeneration works have caused some controversy because it involves removing some of the trees so parts of the park are currently fenced off making it a bit more challenging to run round but it is used for a monthly women's 5k.

Today's run was the longest so far 45 mins that included a 5 min warm up walk and 8 sets of run 2 mins walk 3 mins, this is probably what I will do on race day but without the warm up walk. It felt a bit hard at first probably I was going a bit too quickly but as the run progressed I settled into a rhythm and finished strong. These are today's stats:


 
I have also had some good news about my press release - the Manchester Evening News are sending a photographer round on Tuesday to photograph me running. Fingers crossed it will get published and help to raise awareness and money for Target Ovarian Cancer.

Please don't forget to sponsor me if you haven't already.

JustGiving - Sponsor me now!

No comments:

Post a Comment